New Product Introduction Manager
Reporting to R&D Director
We are looking for a talented, motivated individual who is focused on progression, to take the role of NPI Manager, the purpose of this role will be to manage all new products successfully into our production processes and teams for delivery to the end customer.
At Datapath our motto is Excellence by Design. We design and build world class products to serve everyone. We do this with the great minds of our workforce and partners from around the globe. We welcome and celebrate great minds from a diverse range of backgrounds, embracing their unique talents, original thoughts and the innovative ideas.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Run a team of ~5 staff to manage all new product introductions within Datapath, including developing the NPI skills of the team to meet the business needs.
- Implement, maintain and work to continually improve our NPI processes.
- Ensure all Product Documentation is in place for new product lines introduced.
- Programme / Project Management of new products from inception through to the customer base
- Ensure all Product Approvals, Safety and Test Certifications are in place supporting the global reach of our new and existing products.
- Maintain, improve and operate all production test processes, reporting any quality issues to, and working with the engineering teams for resolution.
- Ensure designs can be fully tested and help define production testing to ensure quality is designed in from conception.
- Drive and coordinate technical problem solving in new and existing products, including providing visibility to management and product development teams of technical issues that inhibit volume production and communicate mitigation plans.
- In coordination with Operations Technicians identify and progress technical Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key suppliers to ensure availability of components.
- Planning for and working with engineering and suppliers to build prototypes during all phases of the development process.
- Assist the Strategic Procurement Manager with product purchasing and MOQs to ensure supply chains into Datapath are always active and stock levels are appropriate.
- Our current benefits package is undergoing review.
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- Cycle2Work scheme
- 4% Pension Contribution
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Pay
- A non-contractual, discretionary profit share bonus scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
Datapath is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further information regarding the role, please feel free to contact us on 01332 294441.