Operations Manager – Assembly and solutions in AV
UK Head Office, Derby
We are looking for an experienced, commercial individual who is focused on progression, to take the role of Operations Manager, the purpose of this role it to manage the teams in assembly, warehousing, quality, testing and returns functions of the business.
At Datapath our motto is Excellence by Design. We design and build world class products to serve everyone. We do this with the great minds of our workforce and partners from around the globe. We welcome and celebrate great minds from a diverse range of backgrounds, embracing their unique talents, original thoughts and the innovative ideas.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manages the success of the operations team in UK and US
- Coordinates activities that affect operational decisions and business requirements
- Building and maintaining relationships with other managers to deliver excellence to our customers
- Adhering to the wider values of the business where operations is not solely concerned with cost reduction, but more around adding value, maintaining quality and finding the most efficient solutions
- Co lead with the finance manager to implement a new ERP system
- Plans, schedules, and reviews workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met
- Manages the stock control in UK and US operations, and checks that inventory records are accurate
- Monitors production standards and quality metrics
- Confirms that health and safety regulations are followed
- Provides guidance to employees
- Provides facility management for the UK site
- Min 5 year’s experience working in a best practice manufacturing/assembly environment
- Results focused with a proactive attitude
- Understanding of business systems and able to learn quickly
- Strong problem solving skills in a team environment
- Working knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Previous migration from a computer stock system to a full MRP/ERP system would be beneficial, otherwise a good knowledge of ERP systems
- Proven leadership skills across an organisation
- Strong analysis skills to enable excellent decision making
- A background in Engineering or Electronics is beneficial but not essential. This could either be through your work experience or within your degree
Candidates will ideally be educated to degree or equivalent level with proven experience within a fast-paced production environment. You will also be able to demonstrate proven analytical and problem-solving skills within a manufacturing or assembly environment together with the ability to communicate effectively with suppliers. You will also have excellent inter-personal awareness to enable lasting relationships to be built with both internal and external partners and be a confident and self-motivated team player. You will also have excellent organisation skills and must be flexible to meet demanding deadlines. Some travel to the US may be required.
- 27 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- Flexible holiday scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Private Health care
- 5% Pension Contribution
- A annual bonus scheme (Typically pays 6%-8%)
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Pay
Datapath is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com. If you require further information regarding the role, please feel free to contact us on 01332 294441.