Datapath Limited is a world leading innovator in video wall, multi display and video capture technology. Distributing across five continents, we have customers in more than 100 countries worldwide, in diverse markets including Medical, Signage, Security and Retail. Consistently delivering class leading products and effective customer support, we provide unbeatable service for specialised requirements. Datapath is a successful and expanding company, with both UK and US offices and customers in every major global market.
The Support engineer will be based in our Philadelphia office and will act as an escalation point for technical support within the Support team. The ideal candidate will be customer focused to ensure high level of customer service, have technical knowledge enough to quickly learn Datapath’s product suite and associated hardware and software technology.
Due to the nature of the role, we require a fluent bilingual English and Spanish speaker to carry out the role.
- Provide product support for customer’s phone, email, and web based support requests.
- Provide high levels of support for customers via phone/Email/Web.
- Act as an escalation point for advanced support cases working to replicate and test reported issues.
- Documenting test results and support cases to a high level of detail.
- Rapidly learn new technology, including Datapath products.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks while remaining detail oriented.
- Proactively provide timely and accurate communication of issue status and resolution to the customer.
- Accurately and professionally document all communication with the customer using Datapath’s CRM system.
- Compose and review on-line support materials (FAQ’s and KB articles) to assist in reducing overall issue income
- Some level of commissioning work both on site and remote
Desired Skills and Experience
- An information Technology related college degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Previous support experience in an advanced capacity.
- Exceptional written, spoken, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional customer service and people skills.
- Experience working within the A/V industry
- Networking experience
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Operating systems, databases and networking.
- Ability to debug scripts, decipher diagnostics and logging information
- Previous coding experience would be of benefit
- Experience with Microsoft CRM
- Preferred knowledge of video encoding procedures, including experience with VLC, Adobe Flash, and other DirectShow applications
In return, we offer the following benefits:
- A 3% contribution to 401k
- Paid time off each year
- Long service awards
- A company bonus in addition to annual salary
Datapath is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com. If you require further information regarding the role, please feel free to contact us on 01332 294441.