Videographer and Graphic Designer
UK Head Office, Derby
Reporting to Marketing Communications Manager
Are you a creative individual with the passion and skills to create videos and graphics?
Datapath Limited is a world leading innovator in video wall, multi display and video capture technology. Distributing across five continents, we have customers in more than 100 countries worldwide, in diverse markets including Medical, Signage, Security and Retail. Consistently delivering class leading products and effective customer support, we provide unbeatable service for specialized requirements. Datapath is a successful and expanding company, with both UK, UAE and US offices with customers in every major global market.
Datapath seeks a passionate creative individual to serve as Videographer and Graphic Designer. This is a new position that will sit within the in-house Marketing Communications team and provide support for graphical and video related projects to advance our communication efforts.
As the role will involve working with internal and external teams, including creative agencies and customers, we are seeking candidates who initiate collaboration, creative solutions, and problem solving. You are expected to be a confident individual, able to manage your projects efficiently, and be able to work autonomously, developing high-quality concepts with minimal instruction.
In this hands-on role, you will assist with the creation of videos and graphic design materials for our range of new and existing products, services, demo ‘mock-up’ content, and corporate brand. You will be responsible for directing, shooting, editing and post-production of in-house short-form and long-form video content. Your graphic design abilities will be utilized to create and update online and offline marketing materials, including visuals for social media and adverts, datasheets, product guides, and brochures.
- Create in-house company videos supporting Datapath’s range of products, services, and corporate identity, including writing scripts, filming, and editing.
- Create ‘dummy’ content to fill video wall space for customer demonstration purposes.
- Design company visuals, including graphics for online and offline use including websites, social platforms, trade publications, and marketing materials.
- Update existing marketing documentation and upload onto a CMS (WordPress)
- Create materials that simplify communication of complex concepts and data such as diagrams, presentation materials, and infographics.
- Edit product imagery for promotional purposes.
- Seek design and print quotes.
- Provide technical support for design and video related efforts.
- Maintain organized content files and help to organize and archive existing video and graphics files.
- Undertake any other duties to support the Marketing Communications department as needed.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in graphics design, video production, or demonstrated success within relevant professional fields.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premier Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Experience with the whole production of video creation (from concept to edit).
- Strong visual communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex products and data through moving imagery and designs.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Experience running video and design projects as the sole ‘creator’ from concept to delivery.
- Knowledge and working with house written and visual styles.
- Experience working with and briefing in projects to creative agencies.
- An individual with a creative flair, who is not afraid to initiate new ideas, and make them happen.
- A self-starter attitude and taking ownership of projects.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Technically proficient with the ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues.
- A keen eye with attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- 27 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- Hybrid office/home working available – The role is office-based in Derby, however there is currently opportunity for remote working for part of the week.
- Staff training and professional development opportunities offered
- Cycle2Work scheme
- A non-contractual, discretionary profit share bonus scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Tea and coffee, and fruit.
- Staff extras including gatherings and social activities
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
Datapath is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com with your salary expectations. If you require further information regarding the role, please feel free to contact us on 01332 294441.